Friday, October 19, 2007

Blue Dog Revisited


Blue Dog finally recovered from a long awaited face lift in time to be shown with his mates in the DOG SHOW, a presentation by 8 Minnesota canine artists at the Johnson Heritage Post in Grand Marais. 118 paintings and 3 very heavy cement and mosaic dogs were shown from the end of July until after Labor Day, 2007. It was a delightful show, the town was full of tourists, it had not begun to rain, and the artists were all so laid back there was no discussion about whose work went where, no competitive edgeiness that sometimes accompanies group shows, and no one was left out who painted dogs and wanted to show. We had high quality work, and I wonder how many shows comprised of just dog paintings have ever been held, not counting the famous AKC museum in St. Louis. Many dogs attended the show, live dogs, that is, including my Roxie in her gorgeous Saworski Necklace. I'll try to find some pictures of my red beauty showing off and being sedate in crowds of admirers, microphones shoved in her face, and having to pose next to cement dog, of ALL things. But here is Blue Dog, a 3' x 3' oil, in one piece.

3 comments:

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Your artwork is amazing! I just love the look of sighthounds.

I found your page through Patience's. I used to live outside of Duluth when I was young. I sure don't miss the winters!

Windrose said...

Thanks! How kind you are to leave me a comment, poor blue dog, I had the worse time. It's still not my favorite, but I think I worked on it for too long. I love Patience. Her blogs cheer me up every day! I signed up my sisters and friends, and they love it too.

Windrose said...

oops, I meant worst time!