Sunday, March 04, 2007

Angel Wings


This is the second of two paintings of the Whippet puppy, Wings. Acrylic paint this time, and I haven't worked in acrylic for a long time, so it was challenging. It's too cold to work outside this week, and I can't use chemicals in the house and still breathe, so I played with transparent washes, colored pencil and a pen to create this one. It is also 16" x 20" and the colors are again quite soft, but an array of mixed hue pastel washes of this beautiful puppy. An old friend was the photographer, and as always allows me to use her wonderful work when I find one that suits style or my spirit. I think my dear friend has memorized my favorite poses by now, and this is one of them, but of course the puppy had to have the gorgeous head and neck to contribute to the beauty of the art.

No comments: